Accident Benefits Specialist
About Michelle Attwood
Michelle worked in the insurance claims industry for 10+ years before joining Oatley Vigmond as an Accident Benefits Specialist in 2012.
In her past insurance work, Michelle achieved roles of steadily progressing responsibility including claims adjusting, team leading, and operational management of an accident benefits claims department. With her commitment to the client, her passion for excellence and her effectiveness as a negotiator, Michelle readily transitioned to her role in the firm.
As an Accident Benefits Specialist, Michelle is responsible for assisting our clients in understanding and obtaining the accident benefits to which they are entitled from their own insurance companies. She is highly involved with hospital discharge planning, helps to assemble a reliable community rehabilitation team, and works with the client, family and rehab team to coordinate long-term care as may be needed. With her technical expertise, Michelle is effective in her role of being the primary liaison with the accident benefit insurance companies and acts as the first line in the dispute resolution process as necessary.
- Fellowship Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), Insurance Institute of Canada – in progress
- Certified Risk Management (CRM), University of Toronto – Completed 2017
- Chartered Insurance Professional, Insurance Institute of Canada – Completed 2013
- Brain Basics Training Program, Ontario Brain Injury Association – Completed 2012
- Honours Bachelor of Science (Kinesiology), with a Minor in Psychology, McMaster University – Completed 2002
Michelle is a current member of the Insurance Institute of Canada and the Ontario Insurance Adjusters Association. Michelle also attends and presents at many seminars and conferences relating to accident benefits, acquired brain injury, risk management, spinal cord injury.