- Accident Benefits
- Bad Faith Insurance Claims
- Boating Accidents
- Burns and Scars
- Catastrophic Sports Injury
- Chronic Pain & Soft Tissue Injuries
- Disability Insurance Claims (LTD)
- Dog Bites
- Eye Injury and Blindness
- Industrial Disease
- Injuries to Children
- Other Personal Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall
Request A Consultation
- $24 MILLlON AWARDED YOUNG MAN SUFFERS SEVERE BRAIN INJURY...
- $12 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG MAN SUFFERS SEVERE BRAIN INJURY FROM CARGO...
- $6 MILLION SETTLEMENT MAN SUFFERS A BRAIN INJURY IN A MOTORCYCLE...
- $5.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT MAN SUFFERS BRAIN INJURY IN CAR ACCIDENT
- $5.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT BOY FALLS INTO A DISPLAY AT A DOLLAR STORY...
- $5 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG GIRL SUFFERS SEVERE BRAIN INJURY
- $3 MILLION SETTLEMENT TWO TEENAGERS SUFFERS BRAIN INJURIES IN CRASH...
- $2.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG FATHER INJURED BY FAULTY GLOVE...
- $2.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY DRIVER LEFT WITH SEVERE...
- $2.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT CAR CRASH ENDS YOUNG MAN'S CAREER IN I.T FIELD...
- $2.2 MILLION SETTLEMENT MOTORCYCLE CRASH CAUSES BRAIN AND SPINAL INJURIES...
- $2 MILLION SETTLEMENT TEENAGE BOY HIT BY CAR SUFFERS SERIOUS BRAIN...
- $2 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG QUADRIPLEGIC...
For over 40 years, our personal injury lawyers have provided immediate and ongoing care for those injured on unsafe premises. Oatley Vigmond puts people first, which means our service extends beyond the courtroom: we support our clients through every stage of their physical and financial recovery. Our team has delivered landmark verdicts and settlements in Canadian personal injury law, and we can help you get what you deserve.
Call 1-888-662-2481 or use our contact form to book your free consultation:
Understanding Premises Liability Law
Anyone who is in physical possession of premises – or has responsibility for and control over the condition of premises or the activities carried out therein – owes a duty to take all reasonable steps to ensure that persons entering on the premises are reasonably safe.
The duty to keep premises reasonably safe usually applies to the owner, the tenant or another person or company that has possession or control of the premises. This duty is governed by a provincial statute known as the Occupiers’ Liability Act.
Everyone has a duty to mind their own safety and take reasonable steps to ensure that they are not injured. However, even if you are partly to blame for your own injuries, you may still advance a successful claim against the occupier of the premises for their share of responsibility.
If you are injured on someone else’s property because of icy conditions, inadequate maintenance, poorly designed stairs or other dangerous conditions, you may be entitled to compensation.
Successful premises liability cases typically involve:
- icy conditions
- wet conditions
- poor or uneven flooring
- poor lighting
- raised ledges
- failure to plow, salt or sand a parking lot
- dangerous stairs
- shoddy construction
- other dangerous or hidden hazards
Putting People First – Comprehensive Care from our Personal Injury Team
There are many law firms that claim they can help you if you have suffered serious injuries as a result of premises liability. The Oatley Vigmond approach is what sets us apart. Many of our lawyers are Certified Litigation Specialists by the Law Society of Upper Canada; the only body that governs Ontario’s lawyers ensuring that the people of Ontario are served by lawyers who meet high standards of learning, competence and professional conduct. Our experienced personal injury lawyers pursue compensation and address your immediate needs while recovery is taking place in the hospital.
We have a proven history of advocating and winning on behalf of people injured as a result of premises liability. Our lawyers, Accident Benefits Specialists and support staff work side-by-side to offer the highest level of legal guidance to see you through to a successful settlement. Over the course of a lawsuit we develop a special relationship with our clients; many of which have been injured as a result of premises liability. We encourage you to listen to what our clients say about our lawyers, Accident Benefits Specialists and the Oatley Vigmond approach.
Oatley Vigmond represents people who have been injured as a result of premises liability throughout Ontario. If you have been seriously injured please contact us to receive a free consultation from one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.
No-Cost Legal Consultation and Risk-Free Representation
At Oatley Vigmond, we don’t believe in distracting our clients from their recovery with additional financial stress.
Our consultations are 100% free, and you don’t pay until we win your case. In doing so, we put our compassionate care and 40 years of legal expertise in reach of anyone in Ontario. Call 1-888-662-2481 to speak with our personal injury lawyers now.
Their high standard of excellence, expertise, dedication, and perseverance is second to none.
I felt that they were taking the weight of the world off my shoulders. I have never felt so secure.
Oatley Vigmond afforded our family nothing short of exceptional service.