Safety Tips For Hosting A New Year’s Eve Party
With some advance planning you can host a safe and enjoyable New Year’s Party.
Here are some safety tips to consider:
• If you are serving alcohol you have a moral and legal responsibility to ensure that your guests get home safely or stay put;
• Monitor your own alcohol intake and pay attention to what is happening so that you are able to ensure the safety of your guests;
• Plan ahead by determining who will be the designated driver(s) for the night. As host this should be your responsibility;
• Collect car keys as guests arrive and return them only to a designated driver;
• Have information readily available regarding taxi companies, Keys to Us driving service and public transportation or offer to pay for a taxi;
• Alternatively, be prepared to offer guests a place to stay overnight in your home;
• Serve plenty of non-alcoholic beverages and encourage guests to pace themselves;
• Stop serving alcohol to your guests several hours before the party ends;
• Serve food and snacks that are high in protein, (meat and cheese) as these help to slow alcohol absorption;
• Don’t make drinking alcohol the focus of your party. Plan other activities such as games and door prizes;
• Don’t let anyone get behind the wheel who is impaired;
• Ensure the sidewalks and stairs around your home are cleared of snow and ice.
From all of us at Oatley Vigmond LLP, we wish you a safe and happy New Year!
Introducing Oatley Vigmond’s Next Generation of Personal Injury Lawyers July 26, 2022
Canadian Lawyer Magazine Reveals 2022 Top Personal Injury Boutiques June 1, 2022
Ontario Bar Association Announces Jim Vigmond as Recipient of 2022 OBA Award of Excellence in Insurance Law March 4, 2022
Oatley Vigmond Lawyers Recognized in 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory February 28, 2022
Oatley Vigmond Aims to Bring Holiday Cheer to Four Local Charities by Donating 120 Premium Gingerbread House Kits December 13, 2021