Top 10 Excuses for Not Doing Your Homework: 2020 Edition
September 9, 2020 | By: Nicholas W. Smith
It’s September, and that usually means it’s time for the kids to head back to school and for the parents to breathe a collective sigh of relief. Of course, things are going to look a little different this year, but there’s likely going to be a few themes that carry over into this new world of ours.
One of those recurring issues that we’re sure will continue despite COVID is the creativity of students in explaining why their homework hasn’t been completed. So we’ve put together a list of the top ten excuses for not finishing your homework, with a few virtual learning additions:
10) My dog ate my Ethernet cable, he took a megabyte.
9) My mom was so impressed with the quality of my work that she kept it and had it framed.
8) I didn’t do my history homework, because I don’t like to dwell on the past.
7) I planned to do it tomorrow, because I knew I’d be older and wiser by then.
6) I wanted to do my homework, but my family heard there was toilet paper in Thunder Bay.
5) I didn’t think my dad did a very good job on my math assignment, so I asked him to redo it.
4) I accidentally put my mask over my eyes, and thought it was still night time.
3) I couldn’t do my math homework, because my calculator is solar-powered and it was cloudy out.
2) I thought it was important to be socially distanced from my homework.
1) I didn’t have time to do my homework because I was at a Zoom rally for higher teacher’s pay.
Nick first joined Oatley Vigmond as a law student, and later an articling student, prior to joining the team as an associate lawyer. He has a Law Degree from the University of Kent, a Master of Laws...