When you or someone you love has been seriously injured, life as you know it can be instantly turned upside down. Amid all the confusion and stress, one of the most critical elements you’ll need moving forward is a strong advocate on your side, who understands the future you face and knows how to navigate it with expertise and compassion.
Why do you need a personal injury lawyer?
There are several reasons why you need an experienced Personal Injury lawyer. First, personal injury cases are complex, and every case is unique. In cases where the injuries are catastrophic and life-altering, you need a lawyer who truly understands the long-term implications of your injuries.
Second, not only do we bring a thorough understanding of personal injury litigation, but we have the people and experience to help navigate your rehabilitation and medical needs. And finally, insurance
companies don’t ever award compensation without a struggle. From beginning to end, we’ll be by your side, representing you through every step of the process.
Right from the start, we’ll become a core member of your care team, making sure you understand the legal, insurance and medical process, and ensuring you have access to the care and support you need during this difficult time. The extensive network of health care providers and specialists we have put together over the years has a deep understanding of the tort claim process and how treatment can affect the case resolution. Our network is not affiliated with any insurance company, so you can be confident they have your best care in mind throughout the treatment process.
Your immediate needs
Immediately following a catastrophic injury, you’ll be confronted with a great number of decisions. It is our role to be your advocate and help you navigate the complex and confusing insurance process. We make the process as simple and smooth for you as possible, from taking care of all of the insurance paperwork to arranging a home assessment before discharge from hospital. We are on your team and you can rest assured knowing we have everything covered for a smooth transition from hospital to home.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 7 Days Must notify their auto insurance company if they were injured in a motor vehicle accident.
- 10 Days Must place the municipality or province on notice if they plan to make a claim due to a slip and fall on municipal property or failure to keep municipal / provincial roads in a state of good repair.
- 30 Days Injured person must complete their application for statutory accident benefits with own auto insurance company.
- 60 Days Notice of Claim to the province prior to commencing a lawsuit against the provincial government.
- 120 Days Injured person must place the potential defendants on notice of a claim if the injury claim relates to a motor vehicle accident.
- 1 Year Deadline to sue your own insurance company over a property damage auto claim.
- 2 Year Time by which an injured person must commence a lawsuit against all potential defendants.