- Birth Injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Doctor’s Negligence
- Failure to Diagnose and Misdiagnosis
- Hospital Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Pharmacy Malpractice
- Surgical Malpractice
Request A Consultation
- $24 MILLlON AWARDED YOUNG MAN SUFFERS SEVERE BRAIN INJURY...
- $12 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG MAN SUFFERS SEVERE BRAIN INJURY FROM CARGO...
- $6 MILLION SETTLEMENT MAN SUFFERS A BRAIN INJURY IN A MOTORCYCLE...
- $5.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT MAN SUFFERS BRAIN INJURY IN CAR ACCIDENT
- $5.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT BOY FALLS INTO A DISPLAY AT A DOLLAR STORY...
- $5 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG GIRL SUFFERS SEVERE BRAIN INJURY
- $3 MILLION SETTLEMENT TWO TEENAGERS SUFFERS BRAIN INJURIES IN CRASH...
- $2.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG FATHER INJURED BY FAULTY GLOVE...
- $2.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY DRIVER LEFT WITH SEVERE...
- $2.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT CAR CRASH ENDS YOUNG MAN'S CAREER IN I.T FIELD...
- $2.2 MILLION SETTLEMENT MOTORCYCLE CRASH CAUSES BRAIN AND SPINAL INJURIES...
- $2 MILLION SETTLEMENT TEENAGE BOY HIT BY CAR SUFFERS SERIOUS BRAIN...
- $2 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG QUADRIPLEGIC...
As Canadians, we take tremendous pride in our healthcare system. Unfortunately, in an overburdened medical system, mistakes are made which can result in severe injuries or even death. If you or a family member has suffered as a result of inadequate medical care, you may be entitled to compensation.
At Oatley Vigmond, we understand that the best recovery outcomes require more than standard legal representation. Most medical malpractice cases take an average of two years to reach their conclusion, which is two years too long for victims to be left unsupported. Our firm provides immediate care to accommodate the needs of our clients, and maintains ongoing support through every day of their recovery. We will be there for you from your first call to our final contact, ready to assist you in any way possible.
Call 1-888-662-2481 or use our contact form to book your free consultation:
Experience – Oatley Vigmond’s Greatest Asset
Our medical malpractice lawyers have helped thousands of Canadians who needed representation after receiving negligent medical care. Over the past 40 years, we have fought for some of Canada’s largest verdicts and settlements, and can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Risk-Free Representation – Oatley Vigmond’s Promise
We offer free consultations and promise to waive all legal fees in the case of an unsuccessful claim. Oatley Vigmond gives medical malpractice victims the help they need to achieve lifelong financial stability without putting them at risk in the event of an unsuccessful claim.
Transparency – Understanding Our Approach to Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can take many forms, including:
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to properly treat
- Failure to treat promptly
- Failure to advise of risk
- Failure to order the proper tests
- Failure to prioritize treatment in emergency room
The area of medical malpractice is exceptionally complicated. Hospitals and health care professionals have a reputation of defending any lawsuits against them fiercely with well-funded and highly skilled lawyers. Consequently, it is very important that you contact a medical malpractice lawyer with the academic and experiential knowledge needed to navigate this complex process.
The personal injury lawyers at Oatley Vigmond have extensive experience in medical malpractice litigation. We have the resources needed to investigate potential medical malpractice claims, and can get you the compensation you deserve.
As a reputable member of Ontario’s personal injury alliance, Oatley Vigmond is standing by to help victims anywhere in the province. Contact our medical malpractice lawyers for representation in Barrie, Toronto, and elsewhere in Ontario. We offer absolutely free legal consultations, and you do not pay until we win your case.
Medical errors occur every day and often the injuries and damages caused by those errors can significantly affect your life in a negative way. Medical malpractice is categorized as negligence on the part of your doctor or health care professional by act or omission, and can result in severe injuries or even death.
Not all accidents and bad outcomes are the result of medical malpractice. However, if you suspect that a health care professional involved in your care has made a mistake, it is important that you speak with a lawyer as soon as possible.
In Ontario, you can seek compensation for medical malpractice and sue for damages. The law also allows the family members of a person who has died to sue for damages.
There are many law firms that claim they can help you following medical malpractice. The Oatley Vigmond approach is what sets us apart. Many of our lawyers are certified as Litigation Specialists by the Law Society of Upper Canada; the only body that governs Ontario’s lawyers ensuring that the people of Ontario are served by lawyers who meet high standards of learning, competence and professional conduct. Our experienced personal injury lawyers help pursue compensation and address the long-term needs of the injured person and his or her family.
In Canada, most doctors are covered by a specialized medical defence organization called the Canadian Medical Protective Association. The CMPA defends doctors who are alleged to have been negligent in caring for a patient. Lawyers who specialize in medical malpractice are familiar with the CMPA and the evidence required in order to be successful in developing a claim.
MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS FOR OUR CLIENTS
Operating according to the highest standards for ethical conduct, professionalism, civility, and collegiality, our medical malpractice lawyers have secured some of the largest verdicts and settlements in Canadian history. We can help you achieve the best possible outcome with your litigation and recovery. Our team of multidisciplinary experts has produced the following results:
- $10-million awarded to a young man who suffered severe brain damage as a result of the hospital’s failure to properly treat him after being admitted for a blow to the head. The nurse on duty failed to recognize the urgency of the man’s symptoms, resulting in him being left unattended while his brain bled. The young man’s condition deteriorated rapidly. He would suffer severe brain damage that left him unable to move his limbs, talk, or care for himself independently. He now lives at home where he is well cared for.
- $5.5-million awarded to a construction worker who suffered serious cognitive impairment after receiving an overdose of medication in the hospital. Our client had suffered a traumatic brain injury after his pick-up truck rolled on a rural highway. While being overseen in the hospital’s intensive care unit, our client received an overdose that caused his heart to stop. This caused dementia and cognitive damage that left him in need of ongoing care treatments to support his quality of life. Litigation targeted the driver of the pick-up truck, the bar where he had been drinking, the hospital where the overdose occurred, and the accident benefits insurer to secure adequate compensation our client.
- $443,000 settlement awarded to the family of an 11-year old girl who suffered life-threatening infections after the hospital neglected to treat a compound fracture properly. After breaking her arm falling from the edge of an above-ground pool, the young woman grabbed her wrist and straightened the arm out herself. After arriving at the hospital, neither the doctor nor the orthopaedic surgeon considered the risk of infection posed by the compound fracture. The hospital staff failed to properly clean the area where the bone pierced the skin, and the subsequent infection required 12 surgeries over the next 3 years. The girl was left with functional impairment, pain, and scarring, but her quality of life was secured with the settlement we earned prior to the trial.
People Come First – Oatley Vigmond’s Mandate
Our Oatley Vigmond team is passionate about the well-being of our clients. This is demonstrated by our policy of no-charge consultations and no legal costs unless your traumatic brain injury case is successful.
Most victims of medical malpractice required extended periods of hospitalization, and may be rendered incapable of returning to work. Paying for rehabilitation and intensive care is hard enough; having to plan financially for a life without employment income can be overwhelming.
We help our clients achieve financial security so that they can look past these stressors and focus on their recovery. Medical malpractice survivors who choose the Oatley Vigmond team have consistently obtained settlements that help them achieve stability and normalcy.