- Birth Injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Doctor’s Negligence
- Failure to Diagnose and Misdiagnosis
- Hospital Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Pharmacy Malpractice
- Surgical Malpractice
Request A Consultation
- $24 MILLlON AWARDED YOUNG MAN SUFFERS SEVERE BRAIN INJURY...
- $12 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG MAN SUFFERS SEVERE BRAIN INJURY FROM CARGO...
- $6 MILLION SETTLEMENT MAN SUFFERS A BRAIN INJURY IN A MOTORCYCLE...
- $5.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT MAN SUFFERS BRAIN INJURY IN CAR ACCIDENT
- $5.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT BOY FALLS INTO A DISPLAY AT A DOLLAR STORY...
- $5 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG GIRL SUFFERS SEVERE BRAIN INJURY
- $3 MILLION SETTLEMENT TWO TEENAGERS SUFFERS BRAIN INJURIES IN CRASH...
- $2.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG FATHER INJURED BY FAULTY GLOVE...
- $2.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY DRIVER LEFT WITH SEVERE...
- $2.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT CAR CRASH ENDS YOUNG MAN'S CAREER IN I.T FIELD...
- $2.2 MILLION SETTLEMENT MOTORCYCLE CRASH CAUSES BRAIN AND SPINAL INJURIES...
- $2 MILLION SETTLEMENT TEENAGE BOY HIT BY CAR SUFFERS SERIOUS BRAIN...
- $2 MILLION SETTLEMENT YOUNG QUADRIPLEGIC...
Doctors and obstetrical nurses do their best to diagnose and care for their patients. However, sometimes they make mistakes.
Your doctor may tell you that your child’s cerebral palsy was unavoidable, and that he or she and the nurses did everything within their power to prevent it. That is not always the case.
You are within your legal rights to obtain a second opinion and, if justified, sue and seek compensation for mental and physical suffering, as well as the enormous financial losses that you and your baby may suffer.
Cerebral palsy injuries are highly complex and sensitive matters. With more than 40 years of experience in cerebral palsy injury litigation, Oatley Vigmond can help. We will assist you with ongoing and immediate needs while we fight for your compensation in court.
Book a no-cost, no-commitment consultation with a member of our legal team using the following contact form:
What constitutes a cerebral palsy injury claim?
Cerebral palsy can be caused by a number of complications during labour, some of which may have been caused by the doctor or the attending nurses. For example, sometimes medical personnel fail to recognize the signs of fetal distress or fail to move to a C-Section in a timely manner.
Your cerebral palsy injury claim can be substantiated by any of the following negligent acts by a health care provider:
- Failure to recognize or treat seizures post-delivery
- Improper or excessive use of vacuum extraction
- Improper use of delivery forceps
- Failure to identify prolapsed umbilical cord which results in oxygen deprivation
- Failure to extract the child from the birth canal in a timely manner, resulting in oxygen deprivation
- Improper response to the mother’s elevated blood pressure or toxemia
- Improper diagnoses or treatment of jaundice or meningitis
- Failure to perform C-section in spite of large birth weight indicators
- Failure to respond adequately to fetal heart rate changes
If you believe that your child’s cerebral palsy resulted from your doctor’s negligence, our personal injury lawyers can help. Book a free consultation to find out how – call toll free at 1-888-662-2481 or visit our contact page.
Why trust Oatley Vigmond with my cerebral palsy injury claim?
Cases where a doctor’s negligence results in your child’s cerebral palsy are both complicated and highly sensitive. With this in mind, it is clear that you and your baby need a lawyer who has experience with cases of cerebral palsy.
40+ years of experience in cerebral palsy injury litigation
Oatley Vigmond’s medical malpractice lawyers are highly experienced in cerebral palsy injury litigation. Our team has experience representing clients whose children suffer all many of cerebral palsy injury, including:
- Athetoid cerebral palsy
- Spastic cerebral palsy
- Ataxic cerebral palsy
- Mixed cerebral palsy
Oatley Vigmond has represented Ontarians in need for over four decades. In that time, we have earned landmark settlements and verdicts, along with numerous accreditations. Members of our legal team have been distinguished as Certified Litigation Specialists by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
We encourage you to listen what our past clients have to say about our knowledge, professionalism and courtroom competency in pursuing cerebral palsy injury claims.
Unparalleled attention to clients’ needs – The Oatley Vigmond approach
Though many personal injury law firms in Ontario are qualified to take on your child’s cerebral palsy injury claim, we believe the Oatley Vigmond approach is what truly sets us apart.
At Oatley Vigmond, we’re more than legal professionals – we’re parents, too. With 40 years of experience in cerebral palsy litigation and children of our own, we understand the physical, emotional and financial costs involved in these claims, which is why we invest so much effort to ensure our clients’ needs are met at all times.
From the moment you contact our personal injury law firm, you take on an attentive team of lawyers and support staff who will assist you with immediate and ongoing needs for the duration of your case. Whether you need a recommendation for family grief counseling or somebody to assemble your child’s rehabilitative care team, we can help.
No financial risk – Pay when you win
Loss of wages, medical costs, and rehabilitative expenses impose considerable financial burdens on families whose children suffer cerebral palsy injuries.
Under these circumstances, the notion of taking on additional legal expenses is unthinkable, which is why Oatley Vigmond offers no-cost consultations and free legal representation until your case is won.
In this way, we ensure that every Ontarian has access to the legal help they need without putting them deeper in debt.
Consult a Lawyer for your Child’s Cerebral Palsy Injury Claim
Call toll free at 1-888-662-2481 or visit our contact page to book a consultation.
Our personal injury lawyers will review your case for free, with no commitments.
Their high standard of excellence, expertise, dedication, and perseverance is second to none.
I felt that they were taking the weight of the world off my shoulders. I have never felt so secure.
Oatley Vigmond afforded our family nothing short of exceptional service.