Husband Passes Away After Inappropriately Released from Hospital
A middle-aged husband was released from the emergency department of a hospital by mistake, while bleeding internally from an open ulcer. The next day, a physician reviewed the man’s x-rays, noticed the error and tried to contact him. The police eventually found him at his home, but it was too late. He had died of internal bleeding earlier that day. We sued the emergency room physicians on behalf of his surviving spouse, and the matter was resolved prior to trial for payment of more than $200,000.